On Mar 15, 2010, at 5:23 AM, David J Brooks wrote:

What do i loose with the K-x, vrs the K10D, is there only 1 thumb wheel, etc

I don't think the K-x comes without a kit lens.

I recently posted comparisons between the K-x and my K20, most of them apply to the K10 as well.

There are some advantages to the K-x layout, with all of the buttons on the right.

You lose:
focus point indication
weather sealing
second thumbwheel
Softer skin over the body
A lot of size and weight (on the camera not the photographer, sorry)
One shutter press bracketing.
LCD size

The UI is very good for the limited number of buttons. I might put the functions of the buttons in a different order, but they aren't too tough to get used to.

I don't know how the sensors compare at low ISO, but over K10 I'm sure that you'll be blown away by the usability of the high ISO.

For shooting a wedding the video could be very handy. It is surprisingly high quality.

The camera does take some learning to get the most out of, so make sure you have some time to practice with it. Even so, it took me longer to come up to speed with the K20 from the K100 than it did with the K-x.

I've been happy with my radio adapters from link-delight, though the range is somewhat short, they're definitely worth the money.

dave