Went and pulled out my K10 for comparison.

Keep in mind that there is a win/loss scenario.  You don't just lose
with the K-x and don't just gain.  You have to see where the
tradeoffs are.  Keeping in mind that the K10 is older, there is more
gain for the K-x simply due to technology marching on.

So - losses
1 wheel instead of two - practically only a big issue for manual mode
usage.  This is perhaps the overall biggest loss.  If you are one who
sets it to manual mode and then meters and spins both dials to
control aperture and shutter or uses HyperManual by spinning one dial
for aperture/shutter (based on setting in camera) and then pressing
green button and then maybe doing touchup changes - the K-x is a bit
clumsier.  The thumb wheel controls the shutter.  The button for
compensation is right near the shutter button.  Since in manual
compensation doesn't do anything, holding that button while spinning
thumb dial changes aperture.  The button is in the right, natural
place to make this relatively painless, so I don't think it is a huge
deal, but it is less good, nonetheless.

No battery grip - I am a fan of vertical grips, so this is bothersome
to me.  I just spent last Saturday shooting 4000 shots of gymnastics
so the lack of grip is liveable, but I would rather have it.

AA batteries - I find the lithium packs much easier to manage than
the AA's.  Longer life and less hassle from a charging perspective.
But, it is not that bad - I was able to get about 1000 shots per set
of AA's on the K-x using AF-C most of the time.

No visible indicator in the finder as to which sensor is being used
for focusing.  If you switch around all the time, this could be
bothersome.  It shows you on the back panel all the time, but if you
are one who changes the active sensor while the camera is held up to
your eye, it is a problem.

Differences - I can't really say a gain or loss here - more a
preference as to which is better.
K10 is bigger and heavier - surface is grippier, but it needs to be
because it is larger to hold.  I find the K-x slides into my hand
more fully and naturally.

Buttons and dials - there are more dedicated buttons on the K10, but
I didn't find it to be all that much different - there are a few
settings on the K-x that are faster to do than on the K10, so I think
it sort of balances out.  On either camera there may be some specific
feature you change all the time, so one or the other could be better
to you.  For me, it was pretty much a wash.

Gains - this is where the K-x is an improvement
High ISO - there is a world of difference between the K10 and the
K-x.  Most of the discussion you have been seeing is between the
K20/K7 vs the K-x.  The K10 is a step down from the K20/K7 so the gap
is even larger when compared to the K-x.

AWB - I have found this to be much more accurate than the K10.

Matrix metering - I have found this to be more reliable than the K10

AF - big improvements here also.  Besides being faster and more
accurate, it does a better job of tracking.  There is also a very
usable setting where the inner cluster of sensors are used together
to focus with.  This works much better and faster than the Auto
select on the K10.

jpg rendering engine - good improvement here as well.  I have pretty
much been a raw shooter since my early *istD days, but when you use
the aforementioned pluses with the jpg engine, I have had pretty good
luck.  I haven't really dealt with raw yet and I have gone through
about 5k shots on the body.

In camera HDR - acts just like bracket shooting.  Turn it on, set it
to normal or strong and press the shutter - 3 shots and taken and
then the camera blends them for you.  You should be using a tripod,
but it is pretty cool.  I do want to go back to the redwoods and try
some shots.

5fps - shoots much faster and is ready for next shot faster than the
K10

Conclusion
Having shot a fair bit with the K-x, I find it to be a great camera,
especially at the price - If I had to choose between the K10 and K-x,
I would easily choose the K-x.  I'm sure there are more differences
between the two, but each of us notices certain things pertaining to
our usage and style.  If I didn't bring it up, it probably is about
a wash between the bodies.  My two oldest daughters prefer the K-x
over the K10 and K20 - it fits their style of shooting better -
especially the low light.

And BTW, I like the white body color.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

Monday, March 15, 2010, 5:23:37 AM, you wrote:

DJB> What do i loose with the K-x, vrs the K10D, is there only 1 thumb wheel,
etc