>> How is the bokeh with that Vivitar S-1 135/2.3 ?

> People forget that bokeh is heavily influenced by the aperture used,
> the subject distance compared to the background distance, and the
> background subject matter.

Well, sometimes some of us are aware of that, John - <g>.

> At f2.3 is not "sharp" in the sense of a 100mm macro at f8, but it is
> not "soft" in the sense of a 50/1.2 wide open. Nor is the bokeh as
> smooth as a 300/2.8 wide open focused on a close subject with a
> distant background. I may get out tomorrow and shoot a roll
> specifically to develop a better opinion of this lens' bokeh, color
> rendition, flare resistance, contrast, and "sharpness."

Thanks for the report (so far), John - and don't forget to let us
know your further results, if you do get a chance to test the
135/2.3 out still more.  Like a bunch of the other Series 1 lenses
of that time, it certainly does sound like a most interesting lens.

Fred