Monday, January 21, 2002, 7:50:55 PM, Cotty wrote:
>>Actually, some assignment / editorial photogs these days are getting by with
>>2 zooms--an f/2.8 super WA (17-35, that sort of thing) and an f/2.8 80-200.

C> Mike,
C> ALL the press snappers I see out on jobs have exactly those lenses -
C> almost exclusively Nikon D1Xs, although the Canon faithful have soldiered
C> on with the D30 - until now. I dare say there will be the odd brace of
C> EOS1-Ds now.

C> Cotty

True, Cotty, I have seen many of them with this double-setup too. But
the few I know personally want to be more creative (one works for a
weekly, though, there's _somewhat_ more time there for creativity).
One war reporter and when not in war a normal PJ uses a lot his
1.4/35mm for creative DOF, even in plain daylight (I guess the 1/8000
speed of these bodies helps there<g>). Even for normal, fast,
reportage. I must admit, his photographs are really good, they stand
out of the usual PJ snappers crowd.

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek