Bruce Walker wrote:

mike wilson wrote:

http://www.mikeawilson.co.uk/oops.jpg

Sorry, this is 1.7meg. KX files do not seem to be openable in CS2 and I had to use the Pentax software - this is the smallest file (and it's cropped) it does. Why are the new pef files different?

Mike, get an up-to-date copy of the standalone Adobe Raw Converter.

Pentax changed an identification string in PEF back around the time of the K100D Super which broke ACR recognition of PEF. Adobe updated the ACR in CS3 and CS4 but nothing before that.

Thanks.  Another reason to love my favourite software company.