By the way: Even though the book is being printed by Blurb again this
year, I designed the whole thing in proper page layout software (Adobe
InDesign) rather than the dreadful Blurb "BookSmart" software. It made
design and layout vastly easier while also giving many more options
for overall design. Things like text flow between frames are worlds
better. Editing and revising are a snap. Fewer headaches than last
year, to put it mildly.

The final pages are then exported as JPEGs and dropped into the Blurb
software for uploading. Pretty cool. The only downside is that
InDesign won't export JPEG files with embedded ICC profiles. Yes, in
2010 InDesign still won't embed ICC profiles in exported JPEGs (I'm
assuming this will be fixed with CS5 this fall), so I had to add the
ICC profiles in Photoshop. A quick Action automated the process.

So we get a much better book design (IMHO) and easier workflow as
well. Not a bad deal.