Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Miserere wrote:
>> On 7 April 2010 10:51, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
>>> OK, the 2010 PDML book is in the can, as they say. It's uploading to
>>> Blurb as I write this (should be done in about an hour).
>>>
>>> It'll take about two weeks for me to get a copy to inspect. If it
>>> looks good, or if there are only minor adjustments that need to be
>>> made, it will become available to the general public at that point.
>>
>> Thanks for the update, Mark! After thoroughly enjoying last year's
>> book over the past couple of weeks, I'm really looking forward to this
>> year's, especially if it's new, better, and improved.
>>
>> Can I come over for a sneak peak once you get the proof?  :-)
>
>Hey! No fair! You should be forced to wait for the post like the rest of
>us. :-)

He might have to: I just experienced a total hard drive failure in my
desktop computer - the motherboard can't even see the drive connected
:(

Fortunately, it's my C drive, which contains only the operating system
(all my apps and data files are kept on a separate hard drive), so
it's just a matter of popping out to buy a new HD and reinstalling
from my backup. But I think I'll take the opportunity to do the
Windows 7 install while I'm at it.