On 14/04/2010, paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I do have both a K7 and K20, and it's obvious to me that the DR of the K7 is
> far better. It renders both more shadow detail and highlights and is
> particularly good on the hot end of the scale. I suspect it has more to do
> with the rendering firmware than the sensor, but I certainly can't say for
> sure.

The DPR Raw headroom tests seem to bear out your experience, there's
0.6 of a stop more DR available in the K7 according to their testing
methodology (which I find pretty lacking in practical terms). Pity I'm
never going to own a K7 to be able to directly compare. Currently the
only reason I'm keeping the K20D is just in case there's something
that I can't possibly shoot using the K-x.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours