On Apr 17, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Bob W wrote:

> I'm the only person on web-options, and I'm not spamming anyone. One of the
> black hats has picked up the domain name and is using it - I've received
> spam from non-existant email addresses using my domain name.

Here's a tip... make sure your server is configured to NOT send a bounce reply
back when it receives mail for an invalid address.  Spammers will send out
messages where the From: address is the intended recipient then send the
message to a randomly-generated address at your domain.  Your server would then
bounce the spam back to the From: address.

This one bit me not long ago as I'd had that setting still active on an old
domain.  My hosting provider limits my server to 1,000 outgoing emails a day
and I was starting to get warnings from their system.

Cheers,
Dave