From: Jerry in Arizona
Being a wheelchair bound person, my answer is NO.? I just hate the
able bodied who take up those spaces.

From: "P. J. Alling"

Does anybody else just hate the aesthetics of the handicapped parking
 spaces and signs...

So do the rest of us.

I don't begrudge the handicapped an accommodation, it's only common courtesy. But I do notice the handicap spaces are often abused by the non-handicapped.

Grandma's got a "handicap" tag hanging from her mirror, but grandma ain't the one using the car. The handicap tag shouldn't be an excuse for anyone who uses the vehicle to park in a handicap space.

The other thing I noticed in the image is the handicap spaces aren't really convenient to the actual handicap access. Looks to me like the two spaces on the left ought to be moved around the corner on the right to put them where they'd be more convenient to the ramp.

But I bet they're where they are because "the law" says that's where they're supposed to be without regard to where they need to be to actually accommodate the people they're supposed to accommodate.