Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:57:30 -0400
Oddly, I think many disabled persons feel the same way.  After a while our
disabilities seem less daunting than others.

From: "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO: Spinning Wheel Diner

I'm going to tell a true strory.  My father had congestive heart
failure.  even though he could barely stand up and walk, due to both
lack of strength and pain in his legs due to pore blood circulation. His
doctor once opined that he shouldn't be able to get out of bed in the
morning let alone climb a flight of stairs, which he did every day, to
get to his office with quite some difficulty. For the last 5 years of
his life he refused to get a handicapped permit, even though he easily
qualified, because he wouldn't take a space from someone who needed it
more than he did.  Everytime I see someone who can easily exit a sports
car and walk a couple hundred yards in one of those spaces it makes my
blood boil, just a little.