I like this one better, also, John. The sky, as you point out, is a plus.
I'd like to try one from the left side of the stream that would include the
couple stones (boulders) in the stream bed and without the sightseers.
Would "feature" the water wheel and pretty much fill the frame with the mill.
You might get away with a different sky with much less of it visible.
The tone of this image is not a problem for me. :)

Jack