> Fred, I think come confusion has arisen about the number of
> variations that Vivitar offered.

Well, Paul, that could explain the confusion.  (I've always found it
useful to blame any instance of confusion on another instance of
confusion - <g>.)

> I assumed there were three:

> f/3.5, 67mm filter
> f/2.8 to 3.5, 62mm filter
> f/2.8 to 4, 58mm filter

And I assumed there were three, also, but I was counting a different
three.  My list:

f/3.5, 67mm

f/3.5, 62mm

f/2.8-4

I didn't think about the f/2.8-3.5 version.

> It appears, from this thread, that there was a fourth: f/3.5, 62mm
> filter, appearing just after the original f/3.5. So when I asked
> Gary "Who made the second?" or "Who made the third?" we  were not
> counting the same.

Well, that would explain it.  So, would the following then be
correct?

f/3.5, 67mm, Kiron

f/3.5, 62mm, Tokina

f/2.8-3.5, Komine

f/2.8-4, Komine

Also, I just came across a copy of the Modern Photo review of the
f/2.8-4 version, to go along with the Modern Photo reviews of the
two f/3.5 versions.  (I don't have anything on the f/2.8-3.5.)  If I
have nothing better to do in a while (which, of course, I do -
there's all sorts of ~useful~ things I could be doing with my time
- <g>), I will put all the numbers into HTML tables, for easy
comparison (for what it's worth - <g>), and then put them on my web
site.

Fred