----- Original Message ----- From: "steve harley"
Subject: Re: Introduction

On 2010-04-30 12:24 , William Robb wrote:
It's pretty scary holding a 100+ pound dog by a shoelace on a jewelry
chain, knowing that if that very inadequate restraint breaks, everyone
in the ring is going to die in the ensuing dog fight.

visions of dog shows competing for fans with ice hockey ...

You have no idea.....

The last time I hade Jester in the ring was against a very nice little Special bitch. He was showing a lot more interest in her than I was comfortable with, and was getting pushy with me to the point of being somewhat aggressive. Far different from his normal happy-go-lucky self, where being thwarted is just part of the game, this was the first time I saw the serious side of his Rottweiler nature, and having it turned on me was not at all pleasant. Fortunately, he does have a very solid temperment and very good bite inhibition, so all he did was grumble loudly about it. He didn't know what it was about that girl that he liked, he just knew she was the one for him and I was getting in the way. She was, apparently, very close to being in season, and in fact went into season the next day, much to her owner's chagrine, since he had screwed up his dates and had a batch of semen coming from another breeder for an AI, too late to do him any good.

William Robb