On Apr 30, 2010, at 00:27 , Tim Bray wrote:

I was unable to hold my peace: Flash
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/201x/2010/04/29/-History

-T

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Cotty <cotty...@mac.com> wrote:
About Adobe....

<http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/>

While entitled to you r opinion, one I value by the way, the majority of posts in response to the above article of yours are more along the lines of this post:

From: Jonathan Van Matre (Apr 29 2010, at 10:54)
They're not being forbidden to try. They are being forbidden to half- ass it. No one qualifies for the Olympic team based on reputation alone. No one gets a bank loan on the strength of nothing but their good intentions.
You're right: past history matters.
And the history of the Flash experience on OSX (aggressive memory consumption, memory leaks, browser crashes, OS crashes) as well as the history of Adobe's efforts to deliver a stable mobile Flash experience (keeping that four-word phrase firmly in oxymoron territory) demonstrates that Adobe is not ready to qualify. This is an upper- division class and they haven't fulfilled the prerequisites. Flash was the right technology at the right time. It has been a crucial part of the development of the online experience. But that doesn't mean Adobe should be allowed to coast in to every new frontier un-vetted. I detect a not at all subtle subtext from Steve Jobs saying "If you had only shown us you had what it takes, it wouldn't have come to this." I think he is actually baiting them to try, but he wants them to bring their best, not something that is barely good enough. Demanding excellence from others you know to be capable of that excellence is not a prohibition on trying; it's an exhortation to try harder.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.