On Apr 29, 2010, at 04:33 , Jack Davis wrote:

Wondering how many of you folks use protective UD/Daylight.etc. filters.

After a bunch of my equipment was stolen over a year ago, the insurance company's list of replacements for my various branded filters listed all B+K from 49mm to 77mm. Normal, & Slim versions depending on focal length. I did not complain. And my lenses wear them all the time. Not that I could now afford to replace them should one break, but it's better than replacing the lens.

If I'd only thought to claim a couple of B+K polarizers too.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

http://gallery.me.com/jomac
http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html