On 5/3/2010 12:49 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
http://dinerdan.posterous.com/

Comments, criticisms and suggestions are encouraged.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but this isn't one of your strongest shots.

It looks like you had a tough color balance problem there. Did you deliberately place the coffee pot to shade the table from the sunlight with the purplish color balance?

Rather than trying for the whole table, perhaps you could have come in a bit tighter, maybe with the toast on the right, next to the coffee, and just showing that corner of the table.

Maybe if you were to just crop with the lower left defined by the bottom of the plate, and the upper right by the coffee pot, you could dial the color in a bit better.

Or alternatively, how does it look in black and white?

By the way, I love the reflections in the coffee, I'd have been tempted to put the toast by the cup of coffee, and put the coffee pot next to the plate, about where the toast was and come in tight on the bottom of the coffee pot and the upper left portion of the plate, with all of the plate reflected in the coffee pot.

It does look like quite the yummy breakfast though.

Dan