I actually lived in Italy for 2 years . . .  been there, done that!

From: Doug Franklin <jehosep...@mindspring.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO: The Diner Breakfast

On 2010-05-04 13:04, P. J. Alling wrote:
> You've obviously not traveled much.  We're just open about it.
>
> On 5/4/2010 11:05 AM, Jerry in Arizona wrote:
>> We seem to be the only place that glorifies gluttony.

No doubt.  Here's an experiment you can run yourself.

Learn a handful of phrases of Italian, but make sure to include "I'm
/soooo/ hungry and that pasta looks /soooo/ delicious!".  Go to an
out-of-the-way local restaurant anywhere in Italy.  Look earnestly at
the staff and use your "hungry" phrase.

Oh, make sure you've already cleared your calendar for the rest of the
day and bought a bottle of Fernet Branca (?sp) beforehand. :-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)