----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen"
Subject: Printing cost, home vs. Costco ?

By the time you count the cost of wasted ink, paper etc. what do you end up paying per 4x6, 8x12 and 12x16 print?
Or alternatively, what would it cost for 50 8x12s and 100 4x6 per month?

In comparison, Costco prices, before tax are:
$0.13  4x6
$1.50  8x12
$3.00 12x16

You'll end up paying more than for Costco prints, and in some respects will be getting a print of poorer quality. I bought an Epson 4800 a few years ago with the intent of making big prints, and after costing out the paper and ink, I decided that I could justify it.
Of course, things don't work out as we think they will.
I expect that if I added everything up, I'd be paying 4-5X to print a 16x20 at home than what the most expensive printing service local to me would charge.

William Robb