On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <gdigio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tim's methodology is a means to keep the Lightroom catalog and file
> repository synchronized and the same between multiple computers. The
> only thing particularly different about it is that he uses rsync
> rather than one or another of dozens of file synchronizing utility
> software applications available (that are both easier and more robust
> for non-command-line users to work with).

Now Godfrey, you have an attitude problem.  Using an automated utility
is like using a point-and-shoot with zoom, which as we know is a
crutch to be eschewed by the Real Photographer.  Using the unadorned
unix command line is like being in manual-focus prime-lens
light-metered easy-to-oversaturate-film
mix-your-own-fixer-in-the-darkroom mode.  Remember, we must Suffer For
Our Art.

 -Tim

(stuffing his point-and-shoot with zoom deep into a concealing pocket)