From: eckinator
2010/5/18 Jeffery Smith
Do they have that written somewhere? I think that the early problems
with the M8 were probably abundantly obvious to B&H at the time. It
certainly was well documented on the web that many cameras were
breaking down very quickly. There is an adage that you should never
buy the first version of anything, and that seems to have applied to
the M8.

I'd think if that was a fact proven by numbers you may just have a
chance. If your lawyer can hold his breath longer than theirs, that is
 :(  I have no idea about consumer rights in the US but over here if you
don't win out of court, you ain't going anywhere in court.
Cheers
Ecke

It's B&H's stated return policy.

"If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to B&H within 15 days of receipt of item(s)."

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/ReturnExchange.jsp

It's been their policy for as long as I've been aware.

I'd pursue it through the state's Attorney General's Office dealing with consumer protection.

Their lawyers can hold their breath a long, long time. And if the problems are as widespread as reported, they probably would work in concert with the Attorney General's Offices from other states, the way they took on Micro$oft.