From: "Bob W"
Don't you have any kind of consumer protection over there? I mean, for a
retailer to be allowed to turn away a faulty product after a week or so is
disgraceful.

B&H's RETURN policy is 15 days, no questions asked.

WARRANTY is as per the manufacturer.

I think Jeffery was trying to get the camera to work rather than just sending it back, which is why he ended up dealing with Leica USA. I'm sure B&H would prefer you to pursue a warranty claim rather than a return.

Under the scenario he outlines, I wouldn't have bothered with warranty, I'd have just kept sending it back to B&H until I got one that worked and kept working.

Except that I'd have quit if I had to return a third one. After the second one arrived DOA, if the THIRD one didn't work, I'd have just returned it for refund.

Three strikes you're out.

And, yes we do have consumer protection over here. Often weak and ineffective, but we do have it.