Gonz,
I haven't done much flash with the K-7 and 540.  I'll have to try more.
The K-7's on camera flash has been OK with the 31mm limited lens,
but I don't care much for the pre-flash and lag associated with it.
I kept my DS2 because I understand how to get reliable flash exposures
out of it.
I think that's kind of sad, but there it is.
Regards, Bob S.