mike wilson wrote:

Charles Robinson wrote:

On May 24, 2010, at 10:26, Gonz wrote:

Hi Bill,

Is that Metz a handle mount or a shoe mount?  I've been looking at
getting a better flash than the unpredictable and crappy Pentax ones.

Gonz -

Just for the record - which camera model are you using for which the Pentax flashes are "unpredictable and crappy"? I had the 540 on my DS2 and it was... so-so. No better on the K10D. Tons improved (perfect? no. But much improved) on the K7.

I've need using AF180T/400T since the last century. The only difference at present is that I use them in auto mode and sometimes have to make one exposure to test. Maybe one more, to confirm, if it is a really oddball scenario. I can usually guess settings for many normal situations. Results seem fine to me.

"I've need"?  Must be chanelling Dr Seuss.  "I've used.."