----- Original Message ----- From: "Gonz"
Subject: Re: K7 first thoughts

Hi Bill,

Is that Metz a handle mount or a shoe mount?  I've been looking at
getting a better flash than the unpredictable and crappy Pentax ones.
I looked in B&H for the one you mentioned, but it appears to have been
superceded by newer models.

Hi Gonz, the 60 CT-2 is a handle mount flash with a seperate power pack.
What I wanted for wedding work at the time was a big autoflash, and the Metz
has served me well for almost 25 years in that capacity.
It's exposure accuracy measured out to within 1/10 stop over several
situations and distances, which is certainly at least as accurate as any ttl
thing that Pentax has ever made, and I suspect a lot more accurate than
most, since I have generally found Pentax and flash control to be not quite
on the same page with each other.
The K7 may be better, I haven't bothered to try finding out. All I have that
will talk to it is the aformentioned 540ftz (or whatever the big shoe mount
flash is these days), and since it is guaranteed to give ugly light due to where it
sits, the Metz gets the nod from me every time.
I suppose at some point I should figure out the off camera ttl thing, but I
have studio lights for off camera work, so I'm just not seeing a need.

William Robb