On 5/30/2010 1:50 PM, Bob W wrote:
well frankly it doesn't deserve spending money on, unless individual car
owners choose to spend their own money on it.

It's the parents' responsibility to look after their own children, not
the responsibility of other people. If parents can't look after their
own children properly we already have methods for dealing with it.

If you're worried about leaving your children in the back of the car, go
ahead and buy a warning device but don't expect me to pay for it.

Bob

I hear you, Bob (and others). But perhaps you could then explain me why buckling up has been made mandatory in many countries including, I believe, United States, Great Britain and Israel. After all, by the same logic, it is driver's own responsibility to use the seat belt and as such, if one is stopped by the police car for inspection and found not wearing the seat belt, it is of no concern of the police officer, as it has to do only with the driver's personal safety.

I am sorry, Bob, although I think I understand at least some of your argument and the sense behind it, I don't buy it.

Boris