From: Rob Studdert
On 01/06/2010, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
> citation please, or it's balderdash; best i can find is a 2002 study that
> says Mac users (then, at least) were richer and better educated
>
> <http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040-943519.html>

But gullible, they don't actually make owners creative.

I've been using the Macs at school for a week now. My first impression is either the Mac programmers are idiots or they think their users are.

I have to read a document. It's in PDF format. I double click the icon to open it, and it doesn't open, instead I get a dialog box telling me it's a PDF document and asking me if I want to open this PDF document?

Nah ... why would I want to do that? I just didn't have anything better to do than randomly open folders and double click icons.

Had to buy one of those Le Cie rugged drives to store my files on and to use for transferring images from my Windoze box. The first time I started it up it had a wizard that allowed me to partition it and make a 32GB FAT32 partition both Mac & Windoze can see (Windoze is supposed to be able to see it).

That was pretty slick, but now every time I start it up I get a dialog asking if I want to use the drive to back up the school's Mac which requires re-formatting the entire drive with the Mac file system & I wouldn't be able use it to transfer files from my Windoze box to the Mac?

Only gives two options "Cancel" and "Fuck up your hard drive". Why would they give you the option to format the drive so it can be used for both Mac and Windoze and then NOT give you the option to tell this program NO.

Morons!

I would rather be locked in a phone booth and forced to masturbate a rabid mountain lion with a handful of rusty barbed wire than buy a Mac.