2010/6/3 Cotty <cotty...@mac.com>:
> That fact that Apple (seems to) attracts users least likely to be
> bothered with learning 'how' is far from a gripe - it is actually a big
> selling point, and indeed was such when the Mac was first launched.

My comment was not about the quality of the _system_ but an
observation about a sample of its users. This is only a problem for
the system insofar as it does not live up to the user's expectations.
It is generally true that the less knowledge one has, the more
unrealistic one's expectations will be. Partly because expectations
are tempered by marketing lingo. So Apple's toting of their system as
"simple" has set unrealistic expectations with the least competent
users.

Of course it's a good selling point for Apple, and they're hyping it
for all it's worth. In my opinion for more than it's really worth. At
the end of the day there's no substitute for knowing what you're doing
with a computer, regardless of brand.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/