2010/6/1 Cotty <cotty...@mac.com>:
> In my experience, those who make a living from the tools they use make
> it a point to understand them and ensure they keep working, be that
> cameras, lenses or computers. In this respect, it will be the same for
> PC users and Mac users.

Of course it should be the same. Keeping on top of computer issues is
a prerequisite for successful business for any photographer. But it's
a beancounter's argument. Any person interested in saving his or her
memories of such a trip would be a lot better off with some general
computer understanding.

Besides, people use their computers for more purposes than just image
storage/processing, and a little understanding really goes a long way.
Both with regards to file management, backup and online security. Many
users don't want to spend time learning how to use a computer; they
just want it to do what they imagine it can do for them. I guess Apple
marketing has been successful playing up to this dream, and thus
attract many users that just can't be bothered.

Doesn't say a thing about the quality of the system, of course. But
Apple will eventually find itself in trouble if they don't deliver to
this group.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/