You wanna try the NR in ACR in CS5 - wowsers!

Tan.x.

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of paul
stenquist
Sent: Friday, 11 June 2010 3:59 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Lightroom3 and noise reduction - wow!

On Jun 10, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:

> Paul Sorenson wrote:
>> Sounds like I need to think seriously about spending $99... :-) -p On

comments on V3 vs V2?  Is the interface pretty much the same?  Is it faster?
More info please....

>>> Pretty much the interface is the same.  All of the promos say it's a lot
faster... not sure I've noticed a serious improvement yet but I haven't put
it through its paces too much at the moment.

>>> I also like that it has perspective control now (vertical/horizontal).
That's one of the very few things I still used PhotoShop for!

>>> Import dialog is a lot different.  Still adjusting to that.
>>>
>>>  -Charles
>
> Anyone know if there's any kind of promo pricing for getting LR3 as a
> Photoshop-only owner? (I have CS4.)
>
> I've been considering getting LR as although I have CS4 I mainly use the
Bridge and ACR parts of it, at least for 97% of my shots.

> -bmw

I wouldn't be surprised if you can accomplish the same level of noise
reduction with ACR in CS4. I've found it to be very effective.
Paul

follow the directions.

follow the directions.