On Jul 9, 2010, at 6:19 PM, steve harley wrote:

> On 2010-07-08 23:28 , David Mann wrote:
>> The only thing that really attracts me to the 27" is the higher pixel count.
>
> one thing to watch out for is that the screen is not so wide you can't take
> it all in at once

Yes I was thinking that this morning.  A contractor at work has a 24" Dell
monitor (but a cheaper model than the one I'm looking at) and that's certainly
big enough.  So I'm not likely to NEED a 27".

After reading a couple of reviews I'm starting to lean towards the HP one but
I'll do some more reading when I get a chance.  I'd have thought everyone would
be using LED backlights by now.

BTW when you pivot the screen does the system automatically reconfigure itself?
 I'm also hoping the changing dimensions won't wreak havoc with my Wacom tablet.

Dave