Tue Jul 20 21:42:44 CDT 2010
Doug Franklin wrote:

> On 2010-07-20 21:17, paul stenquist wrote:
> > XM came with my satellite tv package, and since my tv has the best sound
> > system in the house, that's a good thing. I listen to it from time to time.
> > Good stuff.
>
> I'm with you, Paul.  I get XM/Sirius channels on DirecTV and they're
> awesome.  Where else could I actually get 1930s-1960s swing on the "radio"?

I do occasionally enjoy XM channels 3-5 (for 30's-50's
respectively) while in a rental car (if it comes with it), but
I think they still have a limited set (just a different one).

If you are looking for something really different, - try
http://www.dismuke.org/radio/
I wish that was portable (as a car radio).

I was pleasantly surprised that two public radio-station in College
Station, TX  (KAMU and KEOS), play really good jazz/swing
[almost?] everyday  (even though they are missing some other programs
I love on other PBS stations, and have other idiosyncrasies).

Igor