Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

Hmm. I've never noticed they were different ... despite using
Panasonic and Olympus zooms for three+ years. I don't remember which
way Pentax zoom rings turned, or Nikon or Canon either. My hands
figure this out for me and I don't think about it. ;-)

Same here... not. I don't have to think which way turning the zoom ring. My hands 'know' how to do that... and keep failing in case of 'reverse' zooming ;-) I believe I couldn't tell you the Pentax zoom rotation before using a Canon. Having had the odd experience, I did some research and now I know that Pentax, Nikon, Panasonic and Zeiss use the clockwise (right) zooming, while Canon and Olympus adopt the counterclockwise (left) standard. I prefer don't mix camera systems using different turning.

Dario