It they are the same price go with the 70-210. From my own experience, I have a number of 70=210 lenses, the SMC Pentax F f4.0~5.6 the vmc Vivitar Series 1, f2.8~4.0, (the third version of that lens with the A contracts), and the Vivitar Series 1 f3.5, (the second version, no A contracts), and the M 200 f4.0. The latter two lenses don't see much use. The inability to use open aperture metering makes them just two inconvenient, dispute their wonderful optics.. I did some testing of all of those lenses at 200mm and found the difference in quality to be too small for me to notice. By all accounts the A 70-210 is very good optically maybe better than the SMCP F 70-210 or either Vivitar. The only reason to go with the M 200 is if you want to pair down the weight you're carrying around. The A 70-210 is somewhat heavier..