Eric Weir wrote:
On Jul 21, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Eric Weir wrote:

Following up on this, the Adobe Updater just asked if I wanted to update Adobe Camera Raw 4.6. I said yes. Then the Updater said it was "unable to locate the product to be updated." I take it the product to be updated was Lightroom 3.
So not only can I not find it, neither can the Adobe Updater. Yet it's here
somewhere. Gotta be. It runs.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

Eric, this is a well-known Updater bug that dates back quite a while (2008). The Adobe KB suggests getting a copy of the ACR 4.6 install package/image from the Adobe site and installing it manually. I've hit this bug a couple of times in the past and following the Adobe suggestion fixes it.

Try here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4033

BTW: Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) is a part of the PS Elements installation.

Cheers!

-bmw