From: "P. J. Alling" Subject: Re: OT - Anyone got opinions on the Olympus Pen E-PL1?

The original Pentax design with the indexing bump on the lens made a lot more sense. Holding the camera with the right hand, cradle the lens with the left with your pointing finger over the bump, lens mount to the front. Touch the lens release with your pointing finger. The lens is properly oriented to mount on the camera. With a little practice you can do this without looking. To remove the lens holding the camera with the right hand, grab the lens with the left hand and press the lens release with the middle or third finger on the right. However the indexing bump is history as of the FA lenses, (except on some of the limited lenses), and the release button has been repositioned so it no longer lines up properly from the *ist cameras forward. I guess no one complained.

I did, but no one at Pentax seemed to care.
It was nice being able to change lenses without looking at the camera.

William Robb