On Jul 23, 2010, at 12:20 PM, steve harley wrote:

> consider turning off Path Finder's "Smart Sorting" (in the View menu) -- i
> gave up on it long ago, for perhaps the same reason that had you missing
> something that was in plain sight

I'll check into it, Steve. Only discovered, after the responses to my initial
post on this thread, how items are sorted in Path Finder, i.e., at least on my
setup, applications, packages, folders, then files. I do like having folders
near the top, though, rather than distributed alphabetically with files, as
they are in Finder. It makes it navigating through the directory a little
easier.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net