On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Adam Maas <a...@mawz.ca> wrote:
>> It's been there since 10.3.
>
> It's not there on either my 10.3 machine or my 10.4 machine. May be
> somewhere else but I just checked and I'm not seeing the setting
> anywhere. It's certainly not at View->Show Path bar and Help on 10.3
> pulls up nothing for Path Bar.

My mistake. I thought you meant the path tool drop down:

http://homepage.mac.com/godders/Finder_path_tool-Tiger.jpg

The View->Show Path Bar was added in Leopard. I never use it, more
yakity-yak that I don't need to see all the time. ;-)

> Also Finder as 'intuitive and sensible to use'? If you continuously
> have to teach people to use it, it ain't.

"Continuously" is a bit of an overstatement, Adam, perhaps a biased
misinterpretation to support your opinion. Most of my consulting has
nothing to do with the Finder or users' expertise in using it
properly. And given there are 60-70 million Apple systems out there
and the sum total of users using add-on Finder replacements is
something significantly less than 1% of that total, I'd say the Finder
does ok.

But as I said way upthread, before that mindless homophobic imbecile
William Robb interjected, this isn't a useful discussion for a Pentax
camera equipment discussion forum. And it might be a bit off-putting
for Eric Weir, who was just trying to figure out what had happened to
a file on his computer.

Let's be sensible and agree to disagree. I will not change my opinions
and you won't change yours ... and it makes not one wit of difference
to anything in the universe. :-)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com