>A link to these turned up elsewhere, seemed worth passing on:

>http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2010/07/26/captured-america-in-color-f
rom-1939-1943/

Fascinating. Some very much of their time but some difficult to place in the
right decade; I thought that without the caption, number 43 could have been
taken anywhere up to the early '60s. So many things we see today are still
around.

Also of particular interest were the cars - or lack of them. I looked
through some photos I took of my local area in the early '70s, and you are
struck by the lack of cars parked outside houses. My neighbours who had
cars, still parked them in their garages when not in use without fail; today
garages are often full of anything but cars.

Malcolm