Thanks Sandy. Wonderful set of images of all over the US about the time I was born. Fascinating!

In the comments section a few were asking about the film, that maybe it was Ektachrome, as that appeared around 1940. As some of the shots are on sheet film, I tried to look up at Kodak what the notching codes were, but they only reference what they are currently producing.

Anyone still have their Photo Lab Index that can confirm the code is for Kodachrome sheet film?