On 09/08/2010, Cotty <cotty...@mac.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/10, Cotty, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >Question: if I attach *both* the tip and ring from the TRS to the hot
> >pin of the XLR (and leaving the TRS sleeve attached to pins 1 and 3 on
> >the XLR), will I hear both sides of the stereo?
>
> Answered: yes. Found some energy and remade the connections. Job done!

Possibly not good for the PC as you are potentially doing worse than
shorting the outputs, ie if the L ch is peaking positive and the R ch
negative then there may be a bit of stress on the output buffer
circuit, try it for a while and see I guess ;-)

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours