From: eckinator
Well, notice that is. Effective end of year on paper but effectively
now as I am also denied occupational rehab. Sick too long, asset
turned liability. I see it as a chance. Buck up and face the rap I
guess =)

I'm not sure I understand this. If your injury/illness is occupation related how can you be denied rehab?

Here in the states, if you are injured on the job or become ill due to job related factors, they cannot legally fire you.

And although I know it DOES happen anyway, you are still entitled to rehab. It's paid for through a state insurance pool. The employer doesn't get to decide whether you get it or not.

Anyway, best of luck. I hope you find new employment soon. I know the employment situation over there is almost as screwed up as it is over here.