On 8/26/2010 9:04 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
I continue to be mystified by the official Pentax Photo Gallery and
the process of reviewing submissions.  I find that I am unable to
predict what they will like and what they will promptly reject.

Oh, I find nothing to be mystified about, really, Daniel. Have a look, the process is simple - photos get distributed (as far as I can tell, purely at random) and fellow PPG'ers are given a chance to vote thumb up or thumb down. Then, whatever passes certain threshold is reviewed by some kind of board or whatever and then photos either get accepted or not. Given the randomness of the first stage of this process, I see nothing that cannot be explained here. One day you submit a photo and the bunch of guys looking at it favors photos of this genre, and the other day it is not the case. So, the same photo can be either through the peer review stage or not.

I should refrain however from passing a judgment on this process...

Boris