On Aug 27, 2010, at 06:41 , Paul Sorenson wrote:

ROLO? I tried that but it didn't work too well. Not enough grit, I guess. :-[

ROBO Jr. is what I should have typed. I have two! A red one I got in the early 70s, and a white one I bought at a yard sale in the late 90s. The red one works very well. The white one is crap. Mild carbon steel knives take a good edge easily, they just don't keep it for more than a few months of use.

Found a photo of one - on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=180520670243

And a red one like mine on CyberAttic.

http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/shaysplace/items/977817/item977817cyberattic.html