Christine,
Wow that is really challenging light when you're using a wide angle lens.
The bright sunlight beyond 'under the tracks' really biases the exposures.
The first 3 shots with the K-20 are just too dark.
It looks like the K-7 did better, but those blow out the sunlight to
see into the shadows.
I see a lot of 'chimping' in your future.  Or maybe HDR?
Regards,  Bob S.