On 9/2/2010 1:03 AM, Bruce Dayton wrote:
One has to wonder how he came to that conclusion.  Seems you would
actually have to try all the cameras before relying on that.

I apologize if I sounded as stating the fact. I meant to say that if the top sensitivity is /usually/ marketing enforced rubbish, then sensitivity two steps below it /might/ actually be quite good.

This is how it was with my two last cameras anyway. With K10D (max ISO 1600), I wouldn't want to set it above ISO 640 unless really forced to. With K-7 (max ISO 6400), I can comfortably shoot at ISO 1600. Anything above requires my special attention.

But let me emphasize that I wasn't trying to come up with the new law of physics or whatever. I merely /suggested/ this notion.

Boris