Dear All,

there have been several complaints about the PUG.

First: the Komkon server has been down several times this week, Admin had
technical problems with the server itself. I hope they are solved now.

Files sizes:
As Bill pointed out, there are serveral reasons to keep the filesize small.
First: stealing small pics is not so attractive as big printable ones.
Second: Space on the komkon Server, we don't have to pay for it and this
should make us considerate of disk space.
Third: We are a group situated all over the world and the bandwidth is not
all over  the world as good as in the Western Hemispere. And as Annsan pointed
out, not everyone can aford fast big bandwidth and computers with huge
screens.

I think Bill's idea with the link is a good one. Please put the link in the
comments for the time being. I have to talk with Jostein about an additional
field.

Resizing of the pics.
There are two restrictions on the file sizes:
first the file size must be below 75 K
second the longest part of the pic is max 600 pixel.

I have to resize the pics which don't follow these rules.
Since I don't have photoshop I use a different freeware program to resize.
And this program downgrades resized pics considerably. If you don't want me to
fiddle with your pic (which I prefer) keep to the rules. And you'll get the
pics the way you want them.

Problems with differnt Browsers
I am at present working on a way to automate the creation of the PUG.
Unfortunatly my program made a mistake which I didn't realize until it was too
late. The blanks should be gone from the file now. And you should be able to view
the PUG with Netscrape and Opera as well.

Cheers
Adelheid
PUG Maintainer (in training :)

http://www.gmx.net