On 9/6/2010 6:48 PM, frank theriault wrote:
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 9:34 PM, P. J. Alling<webstertwenty...@gmail.com>  wrote:
  Not the MV.  It was black plastic.  I don't think there was even a Chrome
version produced.  I'd check Boz's page but I'm feeling too lazy.
I had one for a while.

I think you're right.  Only available in black, and a very plasticky
plastic it was, too.  Obviously a budget camera.  Aperture priority
only with no shutter speed indication in the viewfinder or anywhere
else.  IIRC an LED in the viewfinder turned red under 1/60th or 1/30th
and above 1/1000th (or something like that).  So if you really wanted
to know the shutter speed you had to click the aperture to where the
LED turned red then back-click, counting stops to figure the shutter
speed.

Not as big a PIA as you might think, but then I rarely cared ~that
much~ what the shutter speed was, and if I did, I'd not bring that
camera.

I got it on eBay for around $15, but considered it little more than a
rear lens cap for the M 2.0 50mm lens on it - not because I had any
illusions that was a good lens (capable to be sure, but not great) but
because I'd recently bought an MX from Wheatfield and didn't have a
k-mount lens to use (having only Spotmatics up to that point).

I was happy enough for the $15 lens, but surprisingly I used the body
more than I thought I would, as a back-up for the MX and for
situations where I didn't want to do harm to the MX.  It was great for
throwing in the glove compartment or trunk and not worrying about.

cheers,
frank
Where did you find a bike with a glove compartment and a trunk?

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."