I know :) But with lots of work. I myself have been long experimenting
with lith film. I don't have anything scanned, but I have some normal-contrast (well,
G about
0.75) pictures. But finding the good combination is VERY hard. And
then, you must expose it PRECISELY, totally. Any overexposure and you
get mushy, unsharp picture. Any underxposure and no picture at all. So
I bracket like hell. But if you do it right, the result is limited
only by your lens-camera combo, not the film.

Frantisek

Sunday, February 03, 2002, 6:17:11 PM, Shel wrote:
SB> Here's a page with a comparison of numerous films - Agfa APX 25, Efke
SB> 25, Gigabit, Pan F, maybe some that I missed.  You'll see that Gigabit
SB> film can produce more than simple high contrast images.

SB> http://www.chrzahn.de/Fotoseiten/Tipps/apx25Ersatz.html#giga

SB> Frantisek Vlcek wrote:

>> Interesting but only if you like making "1-bit" images
>> - the film has no tones at all when developed such, it
>> is for microfiche copying, having ONLY pure black and pure
>> white, nothing inbetween, AFAIK.
>>
>> Or no?

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek