On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:05:11 -0500, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Hi Paul

The PUG submission page has the following:

Maximum file size is 75kb.

Maximum image dimension is 600 pixels on the longest side. Oversized
images will be resized.

You can submit a square image 600 x 600 as long as it is under 75K.

Or am I missing something rather basic?

Cheers

>Bill seemed to have had a somewhat liberal approach to interpreting
>the size
>restrictions. Recent PUGs frequently contained images approaching
>90K in file
>size, and something like a 600 x 450 was generally allowed. (Correct
>me if I'm
>wrong, Bill, but that's the way it appeared.) I think this was a
>valid
>approach. I'd like to see a minor adjustment of the rules to allow
>some
>leeway. For example, let's set the maximum file size at 90K.
>Frequently, the
>difference between 75K and 90 K is PhotoShop's "Medium" grade vs.
>the "High"
>grade compression. And why not change the dimension rule to say that
>the
>longest side of an image can be no more than 600 points. That would
>eliminate
>the handicap that a square image faces and would allow for more
>creative
>cropping.
>Paul
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Adelheid,
>>
>> I certainly appreciate all the work you are doing to create the
>>PUG.  The
>> large number of images every month are a credit to it's popularity
>>and the
>> value it adds to this discussion group.
>>
>> I would appreciate knowing what it was about Sid's image that
>>might have
>> caused it to be resized.  Perhaps Sid could send it to you again
>>and you
>> could check.  If we have other criteria which cause an image to be
>>resized,
>> we sure ought to know about them in advance.  Having seen the
>>original, I
>> personally would have been a lot less gracious about it than Sid
>>if it had
>> happened to one of my images.
>>
>> Regards,  Bob S.
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>
>> << Dear Bob,
>>
>> I don't remember why I had to resize this particular pic.
>> Since I don't have the original anymore I have no way of telling.
>>
>> Please keep to the rules then I am not forced to fiddle around
>>with your
>> pics.
>> It only increases the workload anyway.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Adelheid >>
>> -
>> This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To
unsubscribe,

--
Jon Hope, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 04/02/2002